National League Rugby Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National League 2
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nat 2 South early predictions and Rumours
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Nat 2 South early predictions and Rumours

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Message
Intouch View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 661
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 17:58
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

If Sam is off to Clifton, he may become yet another ex-Raider we will be facing this upcoming season.

Ben Henderson at Rams has now gone (good riddance !!  Pain in the sideWink), but........

Alex WilHuckleberryson at Leicester Lions
Finlay Coxon-Smith at TJ's
Sam Boyland at Clifton
Sam Hewick at Old Reds
Karym Irving at Esher

There are a lot of ex-Raiders about........I watched three in the recent England v Barbarians game......Marler/Marchant and Piers O'Conor.


Irving signed at Blackheath Im told 

 

  
Back to Top
The Hawks View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3068
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 21:40
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

If Sam is off to Clifton, he may become yet another ex-Raider we will be facing this upcoming season.

Ben Henderson at Rams has now gone (good riddance !!  Pain in the sideWink), but........

Alex WilHuckleberryson at Leicester Lions
Finlay Coxon-Smith at TJ's
Sam Boyland at Clifton
Sam Hewick at Old Reds
Karym Irving at Esher

There are a lot of ex-Raiders about........I watched three in the recent England v Barbarians game......Marler/Marchant and Piers O'Conor.

 

  



Piers O’Connor played for us, then went to Ealing , now at Bristol.
'Go The Hawks!'
Back to Top
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 18 Jan 2013
Location: Crawley
Status: Offline
Points: 2169
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 21:49
Originally posted by The Hawks The Hawks wrote:

Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

If Sam is off to Clifton, he may become yet another ex-Raider we will be facing this upcoming season.

Ben Henderson at Rams has now gone (good riddance !!  Pain in the sideWink), but........

Alex WilHuckleberryson at Leicester Lions
Finlay Coxon-Smith at TJ's
Sam Boyland at Clifton
Sam Hewick at Old Reds
Karym Irving at Esher

There are a lot of ex-Raiders about........I watched three in the recent England v Barbarians game......Marler/Marchant and Piers O'Conor.

 

  



Piers O’Connor played for us, then went to Ealing , now at Bristol.


I think you will find he also played for Raiders as Darth says
RAID ON
Back to Top
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Location: Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 1205
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 08:39
To be fair, Piers did not (I think) play for the Raiders.   Very much a Worthing boy though.

I think his dad played for the club and Piers himself, came up through the age groups.  I saw him play for the Colts and perhaps at 13 for the A team.   

He was recruited into an academy (maybe Wasps ?)..........I remember finding it galling that he then went on loan to an arch rival at Dry Leas.  

He is making a good life for himself in rugby.
Back to Top
Karlos View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular
Avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2018
Location: Brighton
Status: Offline
Points: 63
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 15:35
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

To be fair, Piers did not (I think) play for the Raiders.   Very much a Worthing boy though.

I think his dad played for the club and Piers himself, came up through the age groups.  I saw him play for the Colts and perhaps at 13 for the A team.   

He was recruited into an academy (maybe Wasps ?)..........I remember finding it galling that he then went on loan to an arch rival at Dry Leas.  

He is making a good life for himself in rugby.
 
 
Thought he was a Heathfield RFC, Eastbourne College and Irish Exiles at mini & youth.
 
Back to Top
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Location: Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 1205
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 10:30
You seem well informed Karlos so I am sure you are right about his early days and i am mis-informed..........but I am sure I did watch him play at the Rugby Park, though as I get older I become less sure of much Confused

Are you a Brighton fan ?  They are doing very well these days.
Back to Top
Karlos View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular
Avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2018
Location: Brighton
Status: Offline
Points: 63
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 15:15
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

You seem well informed Karlos so I am sure you are right about his early days and i am mis-informed..........but I am sure I did watch him play at the Rugby Park, though as I get older I become less sure of much Confused

Are you a Brighton fan ?  They are doing very well these days.

 
Yes been at Brighton F.C. (RFU) for about 20years, Piers was in the same age group at Heathfield, my lad was/is at Brighton.
 
Some very good players across Sussex at that age group, a big shame not many playing now.
 
 
 


Edited by Karlos - 17 Jun 2019 at 15:19
Back to Top
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Location: Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 1205
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 22:23
Hi Karlos.......I've been across to watch Brighton twice in the last year.  I was impressed......they seem to be a well organised and well coached squad, with very good physical conditioning for a level 5/6 team.

On the up I would say and it is not hard to envisage some interesting local derbies sometime in the future ?

Do you ever get over to the Rugby Park ?  A lot of the Sussex youngsters you refer to are playing at level 4 for Raiders now.  Over the course of this past season, we fielded the youngest pack in any one game and also the youngest set of backs in any game throughout the season.........both I believe averaged out around 21 or less. 

Clearly, we had some problems with naivete over the year with so many youngsters, but if you could have seen them put more than 60pts  past both Redruth and Taunton Titans (not exactly mickey mouse sides), you might have been impressed.....great skill, pace and precision.

our Colts team won the National title a while back......a source of some pride for me......watched it live at the clubhouse......v good.
Back to Top
Karlos View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular
Avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2018
Location: Brighton
Status: Offline
Points: 63
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 09:23
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

Hi Karlos.......I've been across to watch Brighton twice in the last year.  I was impressed......they seem to be a well organised and well coached squad, with very good physical conditioning for a level 5/6 team.

On the up I would say and it is not hard to envisage some interesting local derbies sometime in the future ?

Do you ever get over to the Rugby Park ?  A lot of the Sussex youngsters you refer to are playing at level 4 for Raiders now.  Over the course of this past season, we fielded the youngest pack in any one game and also the youngest set of backs in any game throughout the season.........both I believe averaged out around 21 or less. 

Clearly, we had some problems with naivete over the year with so many youngsters, but if you could have seen them put more than 60pts  past both Redruth and Taunton Titans (not exactly mickey mouse sides), you might have been impressed.....great skill, pace and precision.

our Colts team won the National title a while back......a source of some pride for me......watched it live at the clubhouse......v good.


I missed the Worthing vs. Redruth game/lunch last season, that's the one I normally try to make as they have an ex Brighton front row playing for them.
Non of your squad ring any bells with me, suspect my lad knows a few of them.
Rugby Park? Thought it was Roundstone...
Back to Top
JJC View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2019
Location: Swindon
Status: Offline
Points: 8
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 15:37
I would say that Boyland would head to Clifton but could find it hard work to establish himself there, I would hope he looks elsewhere first as he is a great prospect, but with Spencer at 9 and either Barnes and Cozens at 10 I think the likelihood of a starting role week in week out would be hard and a waste of him as a player. 

Edited by JJC - 19 Jun 2019 at 15:52
Back to Top
Pilier View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2019
Location: Wiltshire
Status: Offline
Points: 3
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 20:39
I am given to understand that his family are all involved there including a younger brother, so may be he feels happier coming home to where he may have started as a junior.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.